April 7, 2019Uncategorized
- This dental specialty aims to diagnose and treat bite abnormalities and teeth misalignment . These problems can be acquired or of hereditary origins.
- The causes of an abnormal bite can be:
- Crowded, uneven or twisted teeth, irregularly spaced or protruding teeth
- Development discrepancies between the upper and lower jaws
- Early loss of baby teeth due to extraction or an accident
- Habits like thumb sucking or pen biting
- An abnormal bite can lead to:
- Difficulty performing efficient teeth cleaning
- Difficulty in pronunciation
- Less chewing efficiency
- Problems and pain in the jaw joints
- Front teeth prone to fracture in case of protrusion
- Unpleasant smile
- All these problems might affect the general behavior resulting in shyness, introversion and lack of confidence.
- Orthodontic treatment will correct these problems, providing you with healthier teeth and a better smile line, recovering your old self-confidence.
- Traumatic bite due to incorrect closure of the teeth, if left untreated will cause damage to the gums and bone around the teeth end eventually looseness and loss of teeth.
- On average, an orthodontic treatment requires between six months to two years or more depending on the severity of the case.
- Your specialist will make the proper diagnosis of your case with the help of specialized X-rays and teeth casts, and will explain it to you along with the different possible modalities of treatment. After getting your consent to the course of treatment, the specialist will place the initial orthodontic device that can be a fixed type or a removable one according to the requirements of your case.
- The correcting process takes place gradually through a series of appointments until the teeth become straightened and evenly aligned. At the end of this process, the specialist will remove the orthodontic appliance and will provide you with a retainer that you must use according to precise instructions for a period of time. Your commitment to the use of the retainer as directed by the specialist is of great importance to prevent the teeth from going back to their initial state before treatment.
- In addition to the classical orthodontic techniques. Dental Health clinic uses the latest reliable advancements in the field .
- By now you realize that an orthodontic treatment requires your serious commitment regarding keeping the treatment appointments, following the oral hygiene instructions and the care and proper use of the orthodontic devices.
- We recommend periodic dental check-ups for children in their early ages and puberty as the orthodontic treatment is easier when abnormalities are detected at early stages.