ORAL HYGIENE TIPS
April 7, 2019Uncategorized
Basic Recommendations for Good Oral Hygiene
- Good oral hygiene is important for keeping healthy teeth and gums. It is easy, affordable and is simple to achieve. With this you can eat better, smile with confidence, and be happier!
- Flossing is the most effective way to clean the spaces in between your teeth and below the gum line. Flossing may be difficult to master, but with patience and repetition, it gets easier.
- Begin with a piece of floss that is around 18 inches long. Lightly wrap most of the floss around the middle fingers of each hand, and then hold a length of about one inch between your thumb and index fingers.
- Gently insert the floss between the teeth using a sawing motion. Move the floss up and down against the side of the tooth, extending slightly below the gum line on each side of the tooth being careful not to cut or hurt the gums.
- After flossing, brush your teeth.
- A soft toothbrush is best to use. It is gentle to the gums while effectively cleaning your teeth.
- Put a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste on your brush. Using small circular motions and gentle pressure, start brushing your teeth from the front working your way towards the back. Make sure to brush all sides of your teeth (cheek and tongue sides).
- We recommend you brush your tongue as well.
- Rinse well with water.
- Brush your teeth twice, at any convenient time during the day and before going to sleep.
- Professional Cleaning
- Daily brushing and flossing will keep dental plaque and calculus (tartar) to a minimum, but a regular professional maintenance care (scaling and polishing) is recommended to remove calculus in places where your toothbrush and floss have missed or could not reach.
- Visit our dental clinic every 6 months to check your overall oral health and have professional teeth cleaning.
- you can also watch this videos for Oral Hygiene Tips .
- Proper Tooth Brushing